Free Tax Preparation at Teton County Library
Available by appointment on select days and times through
Due to a shortage of volunteers, the Sublette County Libraries
are unable to offer free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
tax preparation this year. However, Sublette County residents who
qualify are encouraged to use free tax preparation services at the
Teton County Library, located at 125 Virginian Lane in Jackson,
WY. Document drop off and tax preparation by appointment is available
at the Teton County Library on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
through April 8th, 2023.
If you qualify for free tax preparation, you may make an appointment
to drop off your documents at Teton County Library and gather them
when you have been notified that your completed tax return is ready
for pick up. If you do not have an appointment, the service will
be available first-come, first serve basis. Please note the following
qualifying income guidelines and additional information:
* Income limit guidelines:
Single: less than $72,000
2 persons: less than $82,300
3 persons: less than $92,600
4 persons: less than $103,000
5 persons: less than $111,000
What we prepare:
• Economic Stimulus Payments
• Tax credits
• Self-employed, without employees
• Itemized deductions
• Stocks and bonds
• Retirement income
• Uber, Lyft, etc.
Not available for:
• Very complex returns
• Foreign income
• Bitcoin sales
How to Utilize Drop Off & Pick Up Tax Preparation Service
at Teton County Library
1. Pick up an Instructions & Intake Packet from Pinedale
or Big Piney libraries.
2. The phone number and contact info for scheduling an appointment
are in the Instructions & Intake Packet. You must complete the
paperwork in the packet before you arrive at your appointment.
View the appointment schedule for services in your Information
& Intake Packet available at the Pinedale and Big Piney libraries,
View VITA appointment
schedule for service at Teton County Library
3. Bring your photo ID and Intake Packet with your documents to
the Teton County Library at your appointment time. An IRS certified
VITA Intake Volunteer will collect your documents and contact info.
An IRS certified VITA Tax Preparer will complete your tax return.
You will receive a phone call when your tax return is complete or
there are questions.
4. Pick up your documents at the Teton County Library and sign your
What documents you need to bring:
• Government issued photo ID
• Social security cards or ITIN letters for taxpayers and
• Prior year’s tax return (bring copy)
• All W-2, 1095 (health insurance) and 1099 forms for the
• Bank account numbers for direct deposit
• Evidence for deductions such as mortgage interest, property
taxes, charitable contributions and medical expenses
• Receipts for child care expenses, and the provider’s
tax ID number
Instructions & Intake Packets with complete info and the number
to call for your appointment are now available for pickup at the
Pinedale and Big Piney libraries.